Thursday, August 20, 2009

Third Trimester at 30 weeks

Okay, I know this is a long overdue post. We had our internet down a couple times but thankfully that's been fixed now and I've been exhausted over the last few weeks. I started my third and final trimester at the beginning of August and we only have ten more weeks to go before we get to meet our son face to face. I am already finding out that these last few months are going to be the toughest part of my pregnancy. About 2 weeks ago, I had to leave work early and go get checked out at the hospital due to pains across my abdomen that would not subside. Apparently, I need to drink more than the standard eight glasses of water. My stomach started to drop a few days ago as well and my feet have been a royal pain for over a week now. Of course, Remy stepping on my feet lately hasn't helped my cause much.

I've had symptoms across the board that fall under braxton hicks, false or early labor, I dunno which one you want to file the;m under. But they have consisted anywhere from cramping, pain in the lower back, to nausea. However, my only belief that I haven't gone into true labor are the major symptoms of water breaking, loss of mucous plug (I hear it's a gross thing to see), consistency of cramping or contractions, or a bloody show if you will. So chances are these pains that come and go are just my body's way of getting ready for labor later down the road.

Poe has been quite active although his activities have seemed to slow down some as of late, and none of them can be felt above my belly button, reinforcing my belief he is starting to drop down into my hips. The doctors say he is doing well, but we are finding he doesn't like fetal monitors of any kind. Each time they have tried to locate him and get a heartbeat, he moves on us and so the search begins to see where he went off to. I'd say he is already showing signs of a typical little boy who simply cannot hold still.

I purchased a bunch of DMC thread and such to start Poe's baby blanket, at least one of them anyways, but I am off to a slow start. I am still on the first square and have yet to find the time to finish it and move on to the next square. However I am hopeful I will have more time to work on his blanket soon since I am going part time at work for the sake of taking things a lil easier on myself. My body isn't exactly giving me a choice on this.

My sister Heather got married on August 9, 2009 and so the crazyness has ended there. Her son stole the show with his dancing at the reception. It didn't help that he had as many as 3 gals dancing with him at a time. She is going to have her hands full with him. My DBF is almost done with mom's bathroom and we will start working on Poe's room very shortly as well. I can't wait. We also have finally set a date for the baby shower to Sept 13th. I will be picking up invitations today or tomorrow and will be sending them out very shortly. I will also be emailing some recent pics to everyone so no one can say they don't have anything recent of me and my DBF together. Although, I think I look huge in them, but I guess that's just a part of being pregnant to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Number Two